Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 9 - Map of Cuba

Feb. 23 - Each time I post something here, I learn just a bit more about how this site works. I love maps and this one is especially nice. I didn't want to post a bunch of maps, put in random order by the Blog God, so I'm going to use this one to describe our route on Day 9. The map may be hard to read, but let's give it a go anyway. The town we had been in and around for the past 2 days, Camagüey, is in a large orange-colored province in the eastern third of the map. We departed there after breakfast the morning of the 23rd and, basically, headed back the way we'd come. We went west through the towns of Ciego de Ávila, Sancti Spiritus, just south of Santa Clara (are you with me?), just north of Cienfuegos, and through the town of Aguada de Pasajeros in Matanzas province. (Matanzas is the big salmon-colored province.) We stopped for the night in Jagüey Grande which isn't on this map, but is about where all the roads that are red lines meet in a jumble just north of the Zapata Peninsula (remember - boot-shaped?!) Excellent. Next posts will be less intimidating, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment